History of the Department
The Electrical Engineering department started in the year 1997 with 40 intake in Bachelor of technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Programme. The department is strengthened in all facets by the constant directions and leadership from Prof.P.S.Raju, Dr.J.Praveen.
Department intake increased to 60 seats in B.Tech EEE in the year 2001, later intake increased to 120 in the year 2007. Department started a Post Graduation Programme M.Tech Power Electronics with 18 intake in the year 2006. Department started a Post Graduation Programme M.Tech Power Systems with 18 intake in the year 2014.
Department of Electrical Engineering thrice accredited it’s courses in the year 2006, 2009 and 2014 by the National Board of Accreditation. This department is recognized as one of the extension centre of Ph.D research by JNTUH. The Department having support from TEQIP-II through activity many events are organized in the department for the benefit of students and faculty. This department runs all the Autonomous courses (UG, PG). The college is having NAAC ‘A’ grade accreditation and Autonomous status by UGC.
The department has professional bodies ISTE, IETE and IEEE impart latest knowledge in the students by making them participate in the different events. The department has eminent qualified faculty as per requirements suggested by AICTE, JNTUH and UGC. Department recognized as remote center for IIT Bombay and IIT Madras learning activities, through this program department is conducting number of FDP events along with awareness on Akash Tablet programs. Recently department received 280 Akash Tablets for the activity. Recently college signed on MOU with IIT Hyderabad for future activity.
Department has well developed laboratories viz, AC/DC machines lab, Power electronics lab, Control systems lab, Multisim/networks lab, Sensors, Measurements and Instrumentation lab, Micro controllers lab, Power Systems Lab, DSP lab, Power Electronics and Drives Lab, PLC lab and Labview/Matlab lab with all required machines, equipment with Labview, Multisim, Matlab, Pspice, Eagle, Tasm,Proteous, Keil, Arduino, Powerworld,Code Composer Studio, XillinX and many more softwares. The department maintains updated printed laboratory manuals in all the lab’s and copies are supplied to all the students. Recently department installed grid connected 110KW solar power plant. Department signed MOU with Stenbesis for further future activities in the department.
The motto of Electrical Engineering Department is to make the students as entrepreneurs. Students are directed to learn hands on experience in laboratory to design a product when he is in final year project. Department faculty along with the students developed number of products through which considerable revenue generated for the further development of the department.
Department organizes number of events such as paper contest, project contest, conferences, workshops, pre-placement training and Faculty development programs(FDP) for the benefit of student and faculty members. All the students of Electrical Engineering department gainfully placed in reputed organizations or they opt for higher studies in India or Abroad.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering follows outcome based education model to ensure best possible final outcome. Department believes in the constant development by taking feedback from students , parents , Industries, Professional bodies, Employers and alumni for the further improvements in the departments.
Vision of the Department:
To become an internationally leading department for higher learning which contributes to success in life, career of graduates and to help society to achieve self-sufficiency.
Mission of the Department:
To impart technical knowledge and skills required to succeed in life.
To build upon the culture and values of universal science and contemporary education.
To be a center of research and education generating knowledge and technologies which lay groundwork in shaping the future in the fields of electrical and electronics engineering.
To develop partnership with industrial, R&D and government agencies and actively participate in conferences, technical and community activities.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have a successful technical or professional careers, including supportive and leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams.
- Graduates will be able to acquire, use and develop skills as required for effective professional practices.
- Graduates will be able to attain holistic education that is an essential prerequisite for being a responsible member of society.
- Graduates will be engaged in life-long learning, to remain abreast in their profession and be leaders in our technologically vibrant society.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to utilize experimental, statistical and computational methods and tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design electrical and electronic circuits, power electronics, power systems; electrical machines analyze and interpret data and also an ability to design digital and analog systems and programming them.